Friday, April 20, 2012

Flowers from the heart

My offering from the little ones, to brighten my day!
Yet another nice day for the kids to play outside.. but I think we are on borrowed time as it is supposed to rain this weekend. I am making Amish Friendship bread today and my kitchen smells delicious. Also it is a day to buy pizza for dinner so I don't have to work too hard to cook later since I am using up all my cooking energy on desserts today!! I am really enjoying writing down a small  portion of my day as it helps me focus on all of the positives and not the negatives which is uplifting as the negatives can really get a person down....... Yesterday wasn't all that productive after all.. as the dogs pooped in their bed for the second day in a row, then my older dog had an upset stomach and puked on the floor, then my son overflowed the toilet.. then I just got the messes cleaned up and sat down for some sewing therapy and didn't make sure my backing was in right so i sewed the backing flipped over into the design, which of course means I had to take all that work out. It is amazing that 10 min of sewing is 45 min of ripping... but all is well and it isn't always about the product but about the process and how I get there!! Have a great day and remember that even though bad things happen they aren't the end of the world.

Jesus said "these things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation: but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" John 16:33

1 comment:

  1. You are so correct that writing down some of the details of the day, helps you to focus on what is important and what isn't! I love your bouquet! Haven't gotten one like that in many years! Love those from the <3

    ReplyDelete