Monday, April 16, 2012

Well I did it.. I linked up to the free motion quilting experiment. Some of this technically challenging stuff is hard for me. Hoping to learn how to follow peoples blogs from mine. If anyone knows how to do this I would appreciate some ideas. If I don't get any ideas I will see if my husband can help me out since he is usually the brains of most of my operations. I am off here now to play with the baby and if she takes an afternoon nap I will try to work on my quilt so that I can catch up with the rest of the quilt -a- long. Even though my quilt isn't perfect I have learned a lot and I intend to give it as a present for a special lady. I also plan to make a second one to gain some more practice. I also have been working on a king size quilt that I was just stitching in the ditch with my walking foot. It took me about 2 weeks of work to do half of it then I saw Leah suggest doing the ditch quilting free motion style. It is no where near perfect but it was very much faster as I did the second half of the quilt in about 3 days. Also even with the walking foot it wasn't perfect. I, like Leah didn't realize that it was "allowed" to go back over my quilting lines so I was happy that she suggested it. I am just as happy as if I didn't go over the lines and I can see with time my ditch stitching will improve with practice. The quilt has a large 4 inch square in the middle of each block, and I am going to use it to fool around with some of Leah's other fillers. There is no theme with the quilt but since it is just intended to be used as a bed quilt (the first I have made for me and my husband since we have been married, since most of the stuff I make gets given away) it won't matter if I use it for practice. Thanks again for your vision Leah and for allowing a light bulb to go off in my head... it is a most freeing experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment